Welcome to Simply Organic Recipes - What's on the Menu?

Quality organic home-grown, home-raised ingredients are the stars here. I like to buy as little as possible and when I do it is either from an organic shop with a mission statement posted on its front-door or directly from a local organic farm. We cook on a clean-burn Italian wood-cooker, using untreated free pallet wood off-cuts as fuel.

Our idea of shopping.

      At the cheese counter.

Bulk buying potatoes.



This is just the beginning,as the site expands it will have more categories and subsections.

Gluten-free recipes are liberally sprinkled throughout this site and are marked in each section. In general I like to take my inspiration for these from cultures that use gluten-free as a natural choice, rather than try to amend traditional wheat and other grain-based dishes. The notable exceptions are in traditional festive fare, such as Christmas Pudding and Pies, where I have been obliged to come up with alternative ingredients for family parties. These are becoming more in demand year by year as increasing numbers of our family are cutting down on grains.

Please Note - I love comments but spam is now out of control and nothing is being done about it, so I am forced to hold all comments for 'moderation' but genuine comments will be published and answered  asap. Thanks, Sue


Just below you will find my most recently posted recipe: 


Dish of the Day

Scottish Spiced Griddle Cakes - Gluten Free


The Scottish poet Robert Burns described his native land as a 'Land o' Cakes' and as with all cookery in our family we like to make variations on a theme. So as we just about every day make some form of oatcake or oat based blini for our breakfast, I've been experimenting with making a twice-cooked oat griddle cake, which serves as a sweet biscuit that we can eat anytime. Chocolate chip griddle cookies are now a firm favourite in our house but I wanted to make something that was more festive..read more





8 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious. Going to try some today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, ClimbTheIvy, Great name by the way!
      Thanks for your comment, much appreciated. There will be more recipes coming soon including Starters & Snacks and Soups and Fish.
      All the very best from sunny Normandie,
      Pavlovafowl aka Sue

      Delete
  2. Hello there, There's no doubt that your site could possibly be having internet browser compatibility issues.

    Whenever I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some
    overlapping issues. I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
    Other than that, fantastic website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Thank you so much for that! I'm using Firefox on Linux but I think I can get to look at the blog in Internet Explorer on a laptop and see what is going wrong. The site was set up on desktop but it has a dedicated mobile theme too but it may be that there is a sizing issue, as I have recently customised it to what looked crisp and clear to me. It is very opportune that you noticed this and let me know about it because I am just drafting a whole new raft of party recipes that gluten-free people can enjoy too (I'm hoping to complete 100 of them) so it would be so sad if they all came out jumbled up! I'm guessing it is on mobile that you are getting issues?
      Thanks again for your kindness in letting me know, I appreciate it! Thanks too for your comment about my site! All the very best from Normandie, Sue

      Delete
  3. Hi Simply Organic Recipes Team,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Simply Organic Recipes has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Organic Blogs on the web.

    http://blog.feedspot.com/organic_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Organic Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anuj,

      Thank you so much for letting me know, I am honoured to be on your list. I've added your badge and it looks great!

      I'm just starting a new project on this blog - 100 organic and gluten-free party snacks/canapés, so your award comes at a very good time for me and will spur me on to get them all made and written up.

      All the very best from Normandie,
      Sue

      Delete
  4. Hello Sue,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a great blog and happy to follow you. Will try some of your recipes someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina, Thank-you so much. A really appreciated your kind words and your joining my blog and hope you will enjoy the recipes. All the very best from a rather rainy evening in Normandie, Sue

      Delete